Monday, August 27, 2012

What Does Being a US Citizen Mean To Me?

 Being a US citizen to me is the ability to be free. We are able to speak out what our beliefs are. We are allowed to tell government and other officials what you think of their views and not get imprisoned or lose your life. We have the right of freedom of speech. We have a democracy which allows people to have say in government. Everyone has the ability for a good education and choose which career path to take. Myself and others can vote in which government leader we chose. We can recite the "Pledge of Allegiance" proudly and sing along to the "Star Spangled Banner." We can fly "Old Glory", our nations flag, high in our yards with the 13 stripes and 50 stars standing high and proud , sailing and glistening in the breeze. I have freedom of religion, rights, and justice. A person can be who they want to be. Being a US citizen is a responsibility, to take care each other and make sure no one infringes on our rights. We have a very prized 2nd Amendment, "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Which means I can keep firearms to protect my home, land, and family. I can drive what I want, eat what I want, dress however I chose, and the ability to choose is endless. We can hold our heads high with pride from where we come from, because after-all America is the land of the free and home of the brave.Where one person can make a difference! God Bless the USA!


No comments:

Post a Comment