Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Election of 2012

         Today people are said to be less involved or interested in government. I agree with this statement. I am part of the generation of big concern. Our generation mostly, in my opinion, could really care less. They are more concerned about video games and such. A lot of people are frustrated with the government that's why they don't get involved as much. I am one of these people. I am frustrated with the people that make up our government. They do lie and they do what is best for them. Yes there are some that are the opposite. Look at all the negative tv ads. All the put downs they use against each other and twisting of each others words just to get elected is sickening. That is why I will not be voting this year. I do not care for either candidate.
         In the United States we have a democracy. To hold that democracy we the people, should serve and teach other about the importance of their role. We all should vote to to get the best candidate into office, but I can see where some do not. This is not always the case and doubt we the people can get everyone involved. It's just not possible. President is a very important role and we need to elect the right person. Along with our local politicians as well. In order to maintain a strong government we need strong state and local governments.
         To help in this election my group and I attempted to help a Republican candidate running, Elliott Henderson. We really didn’t get to help him in his campaign but we publicized his candidacy in our school for our “Meet the Candidates Night”. He sort of ignored our attempts to contact him for more info. But we decided to still show his views. Even though I am in the middle and don't lean toward one party over another, I found out he had lots of good ideas I think Iowa could use. This project helped me see more the facts than all the negative blows the tv ads show.

No comments:

Post a Comment