Wednesday, November 7, 2012

2012 Election Prediction

   After completing the game, I surprisingly have Mitt Romney losing the election to Obama.  My choices for the swing states are: Obama winning Nevada , Romney winning Colorado, Obama winning Minnesota , Obama winning Iowa , Obama winning Ohio, Romney winning Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Virginia as Romney, Florida as Romney, and Obama winning Wisconsin and New Hampshire. I based all of my choices on the my own knowledge and what I know about each state. I also kept in mind voting past of swing states. I don’t think that the readings affected my decisions but they were kept in mind. The three states that I will talk about are Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. Iowa’s history shows that four out of the last five elections they voted Democrat. Iowa seems like it is supporting Obama because of his tax credits on wind energy. Wisconsin and Minnesota are almost the same as Iowa but the votes have been in favor of the Democrats in the last five elections. Wisconsin seems to like Obama for his plan to help the middle class. Minnesota will stick with Obama because of his helping of the middle class also. 
                Obama seems to lead in Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Pennsylvania. Romney is leading in all of the other swing states. So there might be some states that are not swing states affecting the election. The three solid states that I chose are Missouri, Arkansas, and Louisiana. These states are equally split and could swing either way and may play a large role in this election. They are all red states because they always swing to the Republican side. Missouri has only been wrong twice and last year was one time; in the past four years that was the only time they voted Dem. Arkansas seems to like Romney's road tax plan.  Louisiana is more worried about the jobs/economy so they will vote for Romney.
                I am not sure who to pick as the winner. I really don't care for either candidates but I think we might be less "screwed" with Obama staying in office. I just don't care for Romney, he seems a shady to me for some reason. It will be a close one no doubt but I think Obama will pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment