Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Fiscal Cliff

The Fiscal Cliff is high in the interest area for my family. We fall under the middle class and have a tough time as it is right now and cannot afford to be taxed anymore. If we go over the cliff, the unemployment of the US will increase and our taxes will go up resulting in another ressesion. The taxes that are going up will be the payroll tax, not the income tax. The news reports almost $2000 more will be paid to the government. I do think that Congress will come up with a plan but it will take longer than they say it will. I'm not sure if it will be worth the prolonged debate but either way I doubt it will make everyone happy. The problem is that the Republicans and Democrats are arguing like always and can't agree on anything. We need a long term plan instead of a short one but for our government that is near impossible to come up with. So in my opinion we should pay a little more. I hate to say it but that's about the only way to fix anything since we have really gone off the deep end here. I am not saying I am right but it looks like about the only reasonable option. Where our economy is right now we need to reduce debt of course and cut senseless spending.
I do not agree with one side over another. I just wish congress would get past the B.S. and do what's right and not try to please everyone because that is nearly impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment